Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Big Wheels Keep on Turnin', Proud Mary keep on Burnin', and We're Rollin'...

Well today was my first day at my new job and I was nervous as heck...especially with the latest news about Mr. Max. I woke up to my little guy's sweet cooing sounds, followed by his rasberry kisses...or fart sounds as Allen calls them.


I am thinking Max had over heard his dad and I talking about my having the "willies" about starting a new job...He had an unusual expression on his face like he was nervous for me...


I picked him up, kissed his face a gazillion times while singing his Grandpa's favorite song to sing to him "I Wanna Kiss You All Ovah...Ovah, and Ovah, and Ovah". He did his usual giggle for about the first 10 kisses, followed by the slight grin, which then turned into the full blown "ALRIGHT ALREADY MAMA! JEEZ LOUISA!!!!" whine. I patted his soaked bum and headed downstairs to change the dipes and get our mornin' eat on. Now I have never been a morning person, but since Max is, I am &*^%$#$ trying my best to turn into one. I usually turn on Nick Junior just to have a little racket in the background while I pull a master chef in the kitchen making our breakfast in the microwave...beep beep beep...breakfast is ready.


So anywho...I started feeding Max and telling him how today was going to be a great day like I always do. I told him to be nice to all the little people at "school" and then I went into how this was mom's first day at her new job and how I was super nervous. I am telling you folks, he pushed his bottle out of the way and placed his lttle hand on my hand, patted it, then rubbed it as if he was comforting me like old folks do to young ones....Are you serious Max? He looked right at me...yes looked right at me and smiled for I'd say about a second...Then he realized his bottle was missing in action and poked out his bottom lip-which might I add is the cutest pout face EVER!!! He was back to eating, but I gotta tell ya that my willies were vamanos!!!!



Off to the closet I went, Max in toe. I had to pick the perfect outfit for my first day. I asked Max to help me...I guess I had hoped he would have another growny pants moment and select a magnificent outfit-my new boss would compliment Max's selection and I could tell her that "Yea sooo, my awesome little 6 month old genious picked out this little number"...She was sure to be impressed! The kid grabbed my robe that I have had since junior high...Okie dokie son, this is serious business so you are gonna have to chill with dad for a bit while mama gets ready mm k! Of course I put the robe on with my serious business heels and glanced in the full length mirror...topped it off with a straw hat...ya never know...besides I needed a laugh!!

We were off to a fabulous Tuesday. On the way to Max's "school" we jammed out to Ike and Tina Turner's Proud Mary. Max absolutely loves me to sing, I mean it is his favorite thing next to applesauce, the kid thinks I am famous HELLO! He said something like Carry Underwood aint got nada on my mama...I dunno kids say the darndest things right...Moving on...so I began singing to little man...I left a good job in the city, dun dun, workin' for the man every night and day, and I neva....K, so here is where the "willies" came back. God really has a sense of humor right!?! Of all the songs to jam out to on this morning...really? I started thinking to myself "Self-you did leave a good job in the city..."(Note insert: Folks I just googled Proud Mary lyrics and do you know the lyrics are actually-Looking for a job in the city, working for the man every night and day-I have been signing that I had left a good job in the city since I was 10 years old and was obsessed with the movie Whats Love Got to do With It? Damnit why didn't anybody tell me?-nope correction just checked a better source and I was correct all along...goes to show you can't google everything)...What'ev...so Max started fussing aka yelling Mama sing it....so I did...big wheels keep on turning PROOOOUD Mary keep on burnin', and we rollin'-hit it Max-Rollin', rollin', Rollin', rollin' on a rivah. We pulled into his daycare and after the look on Mrs. lady in the blue car's expression I realized our jam-out session was OVAH and I turned down the volume...

Mrs. Lady In The Blue Car's expression

Mary was not proud no mas! Really Mrs. lady in the blue car....AT-TI-TUDE! I mean-all I am sayin' is...based on my observation of this lady's age, she was sure to be in her teens,during the release of Proud Mary...therefore we all know good and well Mrs. LADY IN THE BLUE CAR had jammed out before back in her day. Sooo what did I do? I cranked that sucker back up and finished my jam-out session with my son...thank you-come again!  You don't have to worry though you have no money, people on the river are happy to give, BIG WHEELS KEEP ON TURNIN', PROUD MARY KEEP ON BURNIN"...

No comments:

Post a Comment